Sunday, October 02, 2005

Forgotten Politics

Readers who tune in everyday or every other day or once every month for my views on politics in this country might be grumbling, saying I haven't done a lot for them lately. And I agree. I haven't. See, but the thing is, ever since Katrina, not a lot has been happening on the political front. It's like Katrina kinda made Bush and his gang of imbeciles lay low so as to not draw any more attention to themselves. Which is why I haven't been able to gather a lot of material to make fun of these guys. But I think it's high time I touched on one fact that's been in the news.

The Valerie Plame case. To people who werent aware, this is what happened. Joe Wilson, former US ambassador to Ghana or Uganda or one of them African nations, was sent to Africa to investigate whether Saddam Hussain actually did try to procure uranium from Niger. The uranium claim, as people might be knowing, was President Bush's Ace of Spades in convincing the country to go to war in Iraq. Joe Wilson, however, after a thorough investigation, said no. Refused to go along with the Bush administration. To which the Bush administration replied, yeah? Fuck you then, your wife's CIA. Someone in the Bush administration, vengefully, leaked to the press that Wilson's wife was an undercover CIA agent. Ah, retribution.

When the media made a big case out of it, Bush said the following :

"I don't know of anybody in my administration who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action."

Ok, so our honest president, according to his press release, was extremely interested in getting to the bottom of this mess. And now, we find out who are the people who were the actual culprits? Karl Rove, Bush's right hand man and Scooter (wtf?) Libby, Vice president Dick Cheney's right hand man.

So, my question is, does Bush really expect us to believe that both his and the VP's most trusted men leaked a CIA agent's name to the press, acting on their own? This is just too far fetched to believe. Bush HAD to know what was happening. But if this is true, if Bush did know who was the leaker, then what he said to the press was a lie. It means Bush has been caught in an out-and-out lie. And motherfuck, wouldn't that be something? Seriously? See, two consecutive presidents caught in two separate lies, one about a fuckin blowjob and one which would compromise national security. Which lie would be more important in the scheme of things, I wonder.

Media, I'm watching you. Don't screw this one up. If you do, I swear, you won't hear the end of it.

Update : ThinkProgress reports that Bush and Cheney might have played a direct role in the leak.

No comments: