Saturday, October 01, 2005

Stupid little train station story

This won't take much time. Really, the only reason I'm posting this is because I need to get this off my brain. Otherwise I'll keep obsessing about it, trying to make a huge long post about it, but really, it's a stupid fuckall story and doesn't deserve a huge post.

So I drive up to the train station for my daily evening vigil. I pull up into a parking spot, roll down my window, put on some Marilyn Manson on the stereo and fall asleep. For people who do not know who the Reverend Manson is, he is a guy who makes some very heavy, very unGodly music. So, as I am drowsing in my car to the satanic beats of the Reverend, a car pulls up in the parking spot beside mine containing a woman, who also proceeds to roll down her window. For the next 15 minutes, me and the woman are both listening to Manson emanating from my car, me by choice and the woman by circumstance. Then my wife's train pulls in and we roll off into the sunset.

The next day, at the same time, I again pull into the train station. I notice a parking spot available between two cars and I park my car. I open my window and look into the car beside mine, and I'll be goddamned if it isn't the same woman from yesterday. She looks at me at the same time and a look of terror, combined with loathing flashes across her face. She puts her car in gear, and speeds out of the parking spot, goes to a spot about 5 cars away from mine and pulls in.

Guffawing heartily at this humorous chain of events, I turn on my stereo and settle down for the long wait ahead.

No comments: