Thursday, August 18, 2005

Didn't they remove your ...

Yesterday, I was watching a rerun of "The Office", a hilarious sitcom on NBC, based in a garden variety 9-5 office environment. Well, it is actually an American remake of a British sitcom, but as remakes go, it is pretty good. I am sorry to have been oblivious of the existence of this program for so long. It stars the stellar Steve Carell, formerly of the Daily Show as the Boss. This is a clip from yesterday's edition :

Boss (going over health insurance coverage requests from his employees) : (to female employee) You've specified that you want your vagina to be covered under health insurance.

Female Employee (hesitantly) : umm...yes.

Boss : I thought they removed your vagina.


Female Employee (mortified) : Excuse me?

Boss (puzzled) : Didn't you have a hysterectomy where they removed your vagina?

Female Employee : They removed my uterus.

Boss : So they did remove it then.

Female Employee : A uterus is different from a vagina.


Boss (unconvinced) : Really? I thought ...

Female Employee (utterly embarassed) : No. I still have a vagina.

Boss (still a bit puzzled) : Oh ok. Alright.

3 comments:

Sourin Rao said...

Gawker
This one is absolutely a riot. And Steve Carell and his diabolical assistant Dwight, played by Rainn Wilson, absolutely rock.
Dont miss the episode where they have a basketball competition against the guys from warehouse. Absolutely hilarious.
I had written about this show way back in April.
Sourin

Sunil said...

too bad i don't watch TV. Perhaps I should....if i'm missing such gems.....

gawker said...

New season just started. You should watch it