Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sheep on the turnpike

I've already posted about how the Pennsylvania Turnpike might be the most murderous interstate highway in the history of American highways. Today, my commute, which under normal conditions should take 35 minutes, lasted for 2 hours. The reason? Sheep on the highway. Yes, you heard right, there were sheep running around on the interstate. What the fuck, you say? Well, apparently there was an accident involving one of those big trailers containing pigs and sheep and what not, and what happened was that the upper level of the trailer broke up, falling on all the livestock in the lower level, basically crushing most of them. And then, the livestock in the upper level broke free and ran around on the turnpike. Sad, really. But thats how the turnpike is. Sparing neither men nor livestock.

9 comments:

Ashu M said...

Ha - I totally expected sheep to be a euphemism for people :)

Sourin Rao said...

CG
How many sheep died ? Any counts ?

I can relate to commuting for 2 hrs, since an accident on 696 in Detroit leaves me behind by almost 45 minutes. Arggggg...what a waste.
Sourin

gawker said...

I have no idea. Everything was cleaned up by the time I passed the spot.

Anonymous said...

Gawker

Since you were complaining of home sickness a few days ago on your blog ;)

I had to arrange this incident so that you would feel "at home". Hope you enjoyed it. Had to go through a lot of effort to collect so many sheep ;););)

gawker said...

Thank you Arzan, I appreciate it. Now how about some home cooked food instead of sheep?

Anonymous said...

Aajao....NYC any time.....

will cook great parsi and other indian food...anytime. standing invitation !!

gawker said...

You know, as a kid, when I was in 1st grade, studying in Bombay, my best friend's name was Arzan, and man how I hogged his lunchbox during the recess. Poor guy. I don't know why he didnt beat the shit out of me.

Anonymous said...

which school ?? i know about three other arzans, all in the 22-35 year range of age as of today

gawker said...

udayachal in vikhroli